Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

PUBLIC SERVANTS ATE THE POETS.

Yes my friends, there is a plot. As insidious as the pod people, the first wave and The War of the worlds combined. Seekrit public servant deathsquads are hunting down the poets in South Australia and while they sleep in their wine induced stupor are murdered in cold blood. Worse yet, some turn into soul-less zombies.

What leads me to make this public asertion, denouncement and disclosure, though it might cost me my life? Aye, a fair question. Last night I have gone to see a local amateur poets reading mob. It was the inducement of cheap wine and whine I guess. Nay, it was the company of T. Or maybe it was the desire to be exposed to something Kulduhral again. Fact is, me senses are reeling. Nay, not from the breath taking beauty of the poetry, but from the... um... err...sheer...urr... officious amateurinesnesnesnes of it all. I have attended corporate meetings that were more relaxed and fun that this sad occasion. More akin to what I imagine a large, self help group like AA or 'Victims of under-the-furniture fluff' sans the medication.

Maybe that is what was missing. Heavy medication. The wine certainly not sufficient to dull the pain. You think I am exaggerating? I got a cramp in the upper right side of my body as if I was doing a Houdini trick.

Still, it WAS fun and I shall allow myself to be inflicted by this mob again.
The exceptions to this miserable time were a couple of poets, a published guest Mr.S whose formal and byzantine verbosities struck a note with me so much so I have purchased his dead-tree edition of scribblings. T's friend J., whose poem 'I hate rock chix' was delivered with passion and humor which was a commodity sorely lacking in this morbid gathering.

The good thing is, I was inspired to write this;

On a matt with Pia

Hush, whisper, murmur, brush.
Peck, caress, smooch, touch.
Slide, shift, pop, zip.
Unclasp, peel, strip, unclip

Smack, mush, peck, smooch
Giggle, gag, nip, ouch!
Shudder, flutter, toss, stamp
Wobble, bump, contortion, cramp

Tremor, rumble, shake, vibrate
Oscillate, undulate, vacillate, palpitate
Sigh, groan, moan, gasp
Roar, Howl, Boom, Blast!

THUNDER, SMASH, EXPLODE... Crash!

Applause!

By Wulfius Khan, Adelaide March 2004,
Copyright violators will be carpet-bombed into stone age.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! ;)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. The picture is painted, the moment is captured, each word tells a thousand images.
And that seekrit society of publicked servants do exist. The zombified souls are our not-so-illustrious national leaders. They don't know William Shakespeare from his 'Sisters.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home