Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Monday, December 27, 2004

WARDROBE MULFUNCTION

Woe is Wulf! The rallying catch cry of all the couch potatoes everywhere 'Sports are unhealthy!' is once again proved to be true. The first Sunday of my holiday I have gone rollelblading. Now that my brother had purveyed the missing axle bolt from Melbourne where it had been assembled atom-by-atom by nanite-macroassemblers, or so one is led to believe, judging by the availability, if not the price.

Wulf has been clocked at up to 37Km/h and on that day the telemetry recovered from the black box indicates that at the time of the wardrobe malfuncion Wulf was traversing the landscape at least around 30Km/h. This conclusion is drawn from the telemetry data that has just recorded the Wulf chassis reconfiguration from 'Look at me, I am casually accelerating, sporty and fit like...' to 'Look at me, I am moving at a hasty pace, somewhere between `faster that a walking elderly citizen and not quite as fast as a bike in a full flight, yet benefiting from aerodynamic low profile`'. One moment, the cockpit tapes record the eyeballs feeding a casual scenery of a sunny Sunday morning with the rest of the cognitive functions randomly causing endorphins to leach out into the cortex et all... the next moment, testicles retract in an emergency stowage position. Naturally at this point in time, the rest of the body is beginning to realise that something bad is happening, since the primary cognitive organ (ie: The testicles) have reacted. A few milliseconds later, the reminder of the nervous system received feedback that the expected propulsion sequence from the right motive section has been interrupted. What happened afterwards was reconstructed from the eyewitness testimony and careful forensic analysis of the wreckage. It is clear however that at some stage the entire Wulf became airborne, albeit for a short time.

Now, I have carefuly examined the Wulf specification and nowhere I had found any reference to airborne capability. At least, not one that ends with anything but a splatonic onomatopea. In anticipation of the imminently termination of the brief flight, the front manipulators have extended to cushion some of the impact.
The next thing Wulf remembers is a guy in a white coat looking rather surprised.

'WTF are you doing here Wulf?', the impractically attired gentelman asks.
Wulf, in his trademark quick witted style, replies 'Uhg... my head...'
'You are in the wrong place...', the gentelman consults his PDA with a look of concern.
Wulf at this time is somewhat more coherent, regaining most of his cognitive ability by now and states eloquently: 'Whoa...'.
'You are not due for another two thousand years, anyway ...', the guy in white says, tsk tsking.
'Cool', Wulf states once more, putting all the bards and poets of all the ages past and future to shame with his grasp of the language.
'We will have to fix this...' the guy whips out another device, which looks clearly similar to a Portable specific time-space continuum manipulator, only this one does not require the entire output of the universe to power it. Clikety clak and Wulf finds himself eight months in the past, deciding inexplicably, spontaneously and of his own free will totally unprompted to equip himself with an enire set of crash guards, body armor, helmets, wizardly charms and other protective devices, all designed to lessen the chance of bad hurties when inevitably Mr.Bitumen says hello.


Thus, when the crash occured all Wulf said was 'WHOMPH' accompanying a unique yet fearful sound which was as my friend G. once eloquently and observantly stated all those years ago, 'The sound that Wulf makes when he falls is like a side of beef hitting the concrete'. Thanks to all the mirth provoking body armor all the injuries that Wulf has suffered were 4 patches of nasty road rash, and a small cut above the boot and on the small finger of the left hand (wearing bike gloves which got compromised). All in all, over $800 in body armor has just repaid itself with interest. Had Wulf not been wearing any, the knees and elbows would have been boned with possibly a nasty face/dental injury had the chinguard not taken the blow.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here is the culprit of the crash. The shoelace got entangled in the third wheel of the righ drivetrain bringing the whole thing to an instant stop. The right photo is the rip in my rollerblading pants. Quite tough canvas shorts, torn like tissue in the crash, a testimony to the energy of the impact. Marvel mirthfuly at the motorcross knee guards, looking particularly silly to any who have not had the joyous experience of pressing their naked flesh onto the file-like surface of bitumen and dragging it along the ground until interesting bits begin to show.

I was uncharacteristically lucky, not only because of my minimal body injuries, but also my phone has been merely scratched rather than smashed to bits, some of the impact absorbed by a squashed Gatorade bottle.

Lucky day for me, bought three cross lotto tickets for the New Years draw.

LINK OF THE DAY

What happens IRL when luck runs out

20 Comments:

Blogger Wulfy said...

Hey Wendy! Cool to see you around.

It was a kind of a retro post but I think it had gone terribly asynchronous...

Catch you online!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo Here - still too buy to seriously blog. Glad you're not hurt - time for new clothes! How's that leisure time coming? :)

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Wulfy,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your WARDROBE MULFUNCTION post. I gave up my search for rashguard sleeveless information and wanted to hang out here on your blog - well done. I might make a blog like yours about rashguard sleeveless, but I wouldn't try to compete with you. You're doing a great job Wulfy.
You got a great thing going... by friend.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wulfy,
I have to say that your blog hits the spot!
I was out looking for information on quicksilver rashguard but found your post: WARDROBE MULFUNCTION to be far more interesting than what I was looking for. Quite a good job you're doing on your site here... I'm thinking about making a blog about quicksilver rashguard I want to make it look like yours here. If you have any tips or secrets maybe you could share :)

It was great to visit your blog, thanks.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Wulfy,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments on this post: WARDROBE MULFUNCTION. I found you when I was out looking for the latest info about surfing rash guards products, and even though this doesn't relate to surfing rash guards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha Wulfy,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post WARDROBE MULFUNCTION. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about surfing rashguards related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog Wulfy, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Wulfy,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your WARDROBE MULFUNCTION post. I gave up my search for sports rashguards information and wanted to hang out here on your blog - well done. I might make a blog like yours about sports rashguards, but I wouldn't try to compete with you. You're doing a great job Wulfy.
You got a great thing going... by friend.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wulfy, I need a little inspiration... I've read your post 'WARDROBE MULFUNCTION', I enjoyed it so I decided to comment. I've been thinking about my blog and how there are all these people posting strange comments there. Maybe you understand, I'm not sure, but it's tiring to read the numbers of comments that don't have much to do with my stuff. My normal rashguard website never suffers this because it just sells rashguard and isn't a blog. Do you have any ideas for how to stop the cluttering of non-relevant comments? Thanks for your great blog. Tips are always welcome...

good day -

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wulfy, this has got to stop! People like you are doing a great job on their blogs yet people still manage to junk them up with spammy comments. I've given up, one of my blogs is getting destroyed with the clutter of these comments. Oh well, I guess there's still a lot to enjoy. My rash guard site is starting to be a better investment of my time. It's easy to maintain, there's a lot of information on rash guard out there so I'm not having much trouble there. I don't know what to do... You're doing such a great job and I wish my blogs were like yours!

Thanks for letting me post.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Wulfy, without blogs like yours I would be miserable and bored. My recent injury has me cooped up at home, so it's always lucky to find a gem like your blog here to keep me amused. My sports rash guards website is getting better but it's hard to find information on sports rash guards stuff, so I like learning from quality blogs like yours because it helps me in my web projects. You do a sweat job my friend. I'll be bookmarking your site in a special place. Will probably tell a friend too.

Nice work ~

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha Wulfy,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post WARDROBE MULFUNCTION. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about grappling rash guards related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog Wulfy, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you almost lost me for one second there... but I'm glad I didn't click away. First, I enjoyed your post, and second, maybe you can help. I don't know how much blog spam you get but I get tons on my blog. Most of the time I'm talking about girls rash guards stuff because I have a girls rash guards website, and people post all this junk with their links and stuff. As blog owners, I guess we'll always be subject to the unethical and inconsiderate. Well, hopefully it's not driving you to crazy... Good luck partner, enjoy the positives friend.

Bye ~

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Wulfy, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a rashguards site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on rashguards stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Wulfy, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha Wulfy,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post WARDROBE MULFUNCTION. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about rash guards related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog Wulfy, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Wulfy,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments from my family on this post: WARDROBE MULFUNCTION. I found you when I was out looking for rashguards product info, and even though this doesn't relate to rashguards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wulfy, this has got to stop! People like you are doing a great job on their blogs yet people still manage to junk them up with spammy comments. I've given up, one of my blogs is getting destroyed with the clutter of these comments. Oh well, I guess there's still a lot to enjoy. My rashguards site is starting to be a better investment of my time. It's easy to maintain, there's a lot of information on rashguards out there so I'm not having much trouble there. I don't know what to do... You're doing such a great job and I wish my blogs were like yours!

Thanks for letting me post.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Wulfy, quality blogging comes from people who put the energy into their blog like you have. It was a nice change to land on your blog, lots of others are junked up with useless comments and information. I put a lot of energy into my rash guard site, so it does pretty well with rash guard stuff. I think I'll re-create my blog because I like what you've done here and want mine to be more like yours. Thanks for the lesson in good bloggin. You get a special bookmark :)

have a fantastic day..

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Wulfy, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a rash guard site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on rash guard stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Wulfy, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog Wulfy. I was searching for information on santa claus suits and came across your post WARDROBE MULFUNCTION - not quite what I was looking for related to santa claus suits but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog Wulfy. I was searching for information on santa suits and came across your post WARDROBE MULFUNCTION - not quite what I was looking for related to santa suits but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home