Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

CLUBLAND

Since I havent been clubbing in a 5-6 weeks decided it was a time to get another endorphin hit. Decided to hit Traffic then if its slow (as it can be from time to time) Heaven. Made it to town quarter to midnight, just in time to take advantage of the Fresh FM advertised 'Free entry to Traffic before midnight'. Yes, funny though the nice people on the door looked surprised at this revelation. Were I a cynical bastard I would say that either;

a) The management uses false advertising to lure foolish youth inside.
b) The people on the door skim the entry fees before midnight.

The DJ was particularly stilted so I went to Heaven around 1AM, shame since I actually came to see a female DJ that sounded cool on Fresh FM who was on later.

At the side entrance to Heaven I was accosted by a barbie clone floozy exercising her small clitoris syndrome. Apparently she informed me I was dressed 'too casual'.
Hrumph. I would not be commenting about other peoples fashion sense wearing faux fur NY whore chique and flouro makeup like she was. Though I conceed that cargo pants are no longer in fashion, they are damn practical for clubbing, lose and you can put a watter bottle into the leg pocket. Although I am sure she was trying to subtly remind me that at my advanced age of thirtysomething at this hour of the morning I should be at home, slowly percolating into my colostomy bag and counting hours to my imminent and timely departure from the land of the living. Not, heaven forbid (!) clubbing and annoying the younglings with the untimely reminder of how they are going to look like in mere 10-15 years time.
Applying Wulfs life rule No.381 "Never argue with people of lower intellect than yours in position of authority.".
I have thanked her for her dilligent execution of her duty and entered the club via the main entrance.

Wendy was right, the newly refurbished Heaven electronics looks cool.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lasers and new lighting system. Packed floor though it was cold. Great atmosphere though as usual most of the crowd is mainly in the sperm/egg/zygote age group.

I have taken some videos of the action with my phone, but I should have turned the sound down a bit, its distorting the bejesus out of the tracks. Took one of Wendys fav Van Helden 'Hear my name'. Somehow a still shot does not do a justice to the atmosphere, even a video is a poor sub.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And of course, what would Heaven be like without the heavenly dancers.

During the night I was approached by keen youth eager to purchase recreational chemicals. A resounding testimony for legalising certain types of recreational chemicals. Clubbers will eat anything, best that there is some quality control, least they buy Gradmas kidney medicines.
More so that no more than couple months ago 7 people went down with averse reaction at Heaven.

Met up with Wendy and her funky friends at Traffic past 3AM (my stamp almost rubbed off), they were pleasantly chilling and the DJ has improved enormously. Really enjoyed seeing Wendy in her natural element. Danced for a while after Wendy and Co went, got home at 5AM. Great night. Gotta do it more often.

Personal bitch about the price of Smirnoff's Blacks, $8.50 a bottle? WTF?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home