Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Finer things in life.

It appears that I have very expensive tastes. As I was browsing through an arcade in town a statuette had caught my eye. I am not a collector though I am an afficionado of the female form. This is how I explain why I liked this statuette. "Hey, its cool", I thought. A$300 No problem, I will buy it. When I enquired about the price I was told...

A$1300.

Remember that classic Eddie Murphy movie "Beverley hills cop", when the protagonist enquires about the price of a hotel room and is told some crazy sum? Well, that was me, doing my best impression of looking stunned whilst not looking stunned. It appears that the statues are manufactured by blind hobbits somewhere in a dungeon in italy from a clay that is scraped from the inside of the religious statues.
Or something like that to justify the price. However the manufacturing is trully exquisite, the paintjob reflects shading and the figures even have skintone. If I was comfortably wealthy, I would buy it without hesitation. Naturally the figurine was gone a few days later. Shame, I was considering hawking one of my kidneys to pay for it.

I console myself with the fact that I have very good aesthetic sense :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home