Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

SPRING CLEANING

It is a spring somewhere in the world. A spring of a state of mind, a new beginning. Decided to clean in the under the stairs storage, you know, the area where one stores all the really important bits of ones life we need to keep forever.
I decided to throw a lot of this stuff out, there is no reason to depraciate the market in WULF personal papers when I finally become famous (notorious?).

Some of the stuff I had found:

  • Old computer magazines (Late 80's)
  • Designs of old RPG modules and campaigns
  • My very first driving licence
  • Photos of my pre-x long time GF's Letitia and Deborah (sigh).
  • My 1993 Internet bill, so old it comes with a MICROFISH copy (no, really)
  • Old sketches and doodles
  • My college project design manuals (oh it was hard to throw them out)
  • Old job applications (I wanted to do WHAT?)

    In a way, its liberating, throwing my past away. A part of me feels sad for what has been and gone, things I should have done better. Another part of me knows, that the only thing that is constant in the universe is change and when I am gone, all that will remain of me are not pieces of papers but ideas in peoples heads.

    FALUJA FALLS

    Am I the only person on the planet who believes that bombing residential neighbourhoods with 500pound (big) bombs is a wrong way to etablish a democracy? I really, really wish some of these so called politicians were to watch "STAR WARS" (!). As princes Leia says "Lord Vader, the tighter you squeeze your hand, the more systems are going to slip through your fingers".

    Call me a mad, unrealistic libertarian, but if I was a MODERATE Iraqi and my innocent (yes there are innocent people living in Iraq) friends, family and neigbours were blown to bits, I would not necesserily cheer for the liberating forces as hard as I used to. But thats just me, a poor ignorant ethnic without any shares in Halliburton and General Electric and whatever other company is making a killing on this war at the expense of the US (and Australian) taxpayer.

    Still, if one is to believe the (censored) news reports, Feluja is held hostage by a lot of evil, terrorist buildings since glaring menacingly at the most powerful army on the planet, it is all that our fragile western minds can bear to be shown being shot to bits. One distasteful scene was show, slipping past the army censors. A US soldier shouts, "There are wounded enemy in the alley". Gunfire. "Clear" they announce. I do not know what is more distressing, seeing our glorious troops shoot wounded in violation of the Geneva convention (ie: a war crime) or the censor thinking nothing of letting it be shown (having grown so callous).
    I for one, welcome our new ruthless overlords.

    Excuse me, I need to take a shower now.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home