Wulf's Pawprints

Stalking my voice.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

GRAPHIC AND THE ART OF LIFE.

http://fallujapictures.blogspot.com/

The scary thing is that most of these images are already censored for TV. Confronting though these are, still these are much less disturbing than most of the war pictures.

The world must know what war is more than 'precision strikes' targetting 'enemy compounds' with minimal 'coalition' 'casualties'. Blurry videos from a distance of the heroic multibillion dollar giant swatting the inhuman fanatics who have no honor, courage nor purpose. Annoyingly long 15 second sanitized video before the really important messages like game results or scandalous behaviour of an idol.

Each casualty has a name, a father, mother and other family members.
They had loves, dreams, aspirations, favourite place, friends.
A human sacrafice on the altar of 'War on Terror' to making us safer.


But we must keep telling ourselves that we are safer and Haliburton shareholders happier. Otherwise, what else would justify such attrocities?

Pass the link around.

INTENSE

Since, C. thinks I have an 'intense' look about me, I have got to fight this perception, so in the vein of being less intense in this post....
Cheap link to a satire site because I am too slack atm to write something myself

HALF LIFE 4/5

The long awaited Half-Life 2 is out (yesterday), finally. Naturally I have bought it and in line with my current stroke of ever increasing good luck and fortune, the game fails to install. Disk No.4 fails with an error after about 30 minutes.
I am sure this is all a Republican/Haliburton consipiracy to make my life slightly inconvinient.

A NEW WEAPON/SURVIVAL TOOL

Walked into a book store the other day, naturally, not looking for a book. Those things make you think funny and turn into a hippie. Many a time I just walk in and look at the pictures in the womens health and travel (africa, photography, tribes, pre-conversion to christianity). But this time, as if drawn by a collapsing red dwarf (Egor, heavy drinker, one leg shorter than the other) I was guided to new releases. A bricksized book, new in a series by an author I had been know to like. Last thing he wrote was 'Nights Dawn' trilogy which though I do not admit to having read it (thus avoiding being marked as seditionary, terrorist, leftie liberal lunatic) I have been told though that it was very good SC-FI.
Still I claim to have purchased the book in self defence. At over 1000 pages it can be used to brain an intruder or cook supper when the nooklear winter comes.

TAKE ME TO U R SPACESHIP

Having caught up with my dear friend T. for brekkie in town, some hilarity ensued.
T. has gone to Sydney recently and I have asked her to track down the BURAN space shuttle allegedly on exhibition at the Darling harbour. Poor T. was seen walking the shore asking people pitifuly 'CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THE SPACESHIP IS?'. Until some kindhearted native told her; 'Dear, there is no SPACESHIP here'. Lol.
Well, it sounds funnier when T. tells it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home